Monday, April 5, 2010

TASTES LIKE CHOCOLATE!!!

How much can you eat???

Chocolate for breakfast, lunch, tea, supper, mid-night snack...and??? My fridge is still full and it is D-Day tomorrow. I know i keep saying it, but really even the maternity clothes are tight-fitting now!!!

Not forgetting thaT there is a 'School Reunion' coming up, and i soo do not want to look like a fat and frumpy housewife. A housewife, full stop is bad enough!!! I wonder if i can suddenly re-invent myself and add a few white lies......ummmmmmm let me think.

Yes, my job is really demanding (trying to decide what to cook for lunch).

I have to act as a mediator (well that's true, everyone is usually fighting in our house).

Lots of very important decisions to make (shall i put the washing out, is it going to rain?)

Deadlines to meet (can i finish the housework and still make it for coffee and manage to pick up the children on time!)

Time management skills, (if i spend 1 hour doing the housework then i'm entitled to one hour on Facebook.)

Organisational skills/multi-tasking (trying to fit in your wii activity, whilst writing your blog, talking on the telephone, and ironing)
Working under pressure (tantrums, strops & teenagers....and dealing with it all on only a few hrs sleep).

I would really love to be able to say i am SOMETHING, other than a housewife, I had such ambitions for myself when i was younger, although they did change on a day-to-day basis!!! I have friends that are now changing careers, becomming Doctors, Teachers and well known Musicians......

I wanted to be a Journalist, (although only the kind that could work in the Studios/Newsrooms and interview hot celebrities, definitely no war zones without access to a hairdryer/make-up!!!) I couldn't believe it when i reached the interview stage for Anglia Television, and i was in Mexico at the time & missed it!!!
I thought about joining the Air force, I even did a Survival Course and applied to become an 'Officer' (I had met several very good looking RAF guys at the time, and thought it was the way forward & a great social life...!!!)
Even an Actress at one point, i was VERY good at playing the sick card at work, after a very heavy night out in the City.!!!

I could also tell people that i am very creative, creative (give me some coloured card and a pair of scissors!!!)
I model (Play-doh), although i once modelled in 'real-life', it was the only time in my life (thanks to camera-magic) my legs looked actually longer than my torso!!!

I'm sure there is a whole lot more i can think of too....i'm just getting started!!!

I guess you could say i was one of those lost souls....floating...drifting...and crawling my way around, often from pub to club! AND then i decided to become a REP....as my feet didn't want to stay on the ground (and they didn't very often, after the Bar Crawls, Greek Nights & Cabarets!!!) I thought it would be the answer to all of my problems and i would get the opportunity to travel!!! Except, i ended up here,on this beautiful (small) island and even getting to the other side of the it sometimes feels like a long journey, let alone getting to another country (other than England - sometimes!!!) A Greek Hubby and four beautiful children later....and I'm almost classed/cast as unemployable!!!

ANYWAY.....OMG
would have to be I'm now eating Chocolate Crispy cakes!!! AND I PROBABLY REALLY WILL BE SICK!!!

A QUICK SECTION ON BBQ'S

Why is it, that when a man has those 'tongs' in his hand, and the brush to bast, that, "that" entitles them to endless cans of beer (it's obviously very thirsty work), turning over the sausages and talking about the football scores!!! So thirsty, that when all the guests have gone, you look as if you've had your own Beer Fest in your back garden!!!.
You, are the one that has shopped, carried, organised , prepared, cleaned the house from top to bottom, in fact done EVERYTHING,(opps, apart from the turning over and placing the actual meat on the grill......So why is it he's the one in the bedroom snoring his head off???)

NEWS, here in Greece, it's all been about the price of lamb, goat, and then watching the lamb, goat on the spit (cooking) in different parts of the country!!! AND how many people accidentally blew off their arms/legs/fingers whilst attempting to throw dynamite sticks during the Easter celebrations!!!

Internationally though, well, have not been watching really due to staying in the kitchen so much the last few days, baking, cooking, and EATING....!!!

FASHION TIP...It's ok to wear your old maternity clothes during the Xmas and Easter period!!! Very comfortable....!!!

Lots of Love
Tracey XXX

PS I'M TAKING A BREAK FOR A WEEK (Well, not a 'break' but just no, 'NOT the Greek Goddess', until the children have gone back to school).....when i really get a 'break'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment