Friday, April 30, 2010

ECONOMIC CRISIS? AND SJOGRENS .....

OMG -(AND NEWS)

 Has to be the terrible state that Greece is now in......I mean wow, it is now classed as 'Junk', or the National Debt is.  In the last month, most of the men & women have lost their pride in the Nation that has seen philosophers, mathematicians, poets, play writers,  founders of medicine, law courts, DEMOCRACY.  How could a government have possibly got into this state?

Men (and women) are going grey,  losing their hair, having heart attacks, the divorce figures are probably soaring as no doubt the suicide figures.   People who have worked all their lives, are losing out on their pensions.  Anything that can be taxed, is being taxed now....and the citizens are of course paying for the mistakes of those in power!!!  I just hope I'm going to get my family allowance....because I owe my mum most of it!  Thank god, she just lived in Germany and has no German blood in her....I wouldn't be able to afford the interest rates!

What's it like in Australia?  Shall we all move there?


YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN A  CREDIT CRUNCH WHEN

You have winter clothes and summer clothes.....but no longer can afford spring and autumn.

You buy shoes that multi-task....act as a trainer, sandal, and beach wear!!!

Your clothes are too small, and you cannot afford any new ones....so you ooze out of them in every direction!!!

Your cupboards are full of lentils, beans, spaghetti and rice....but not much else!!!

You finally have to learn to sew and darn!!!

You've had to cut off...your cut offs....!!!

Oh...I'm sure there are a whole lot more we can all think of, but gotta get ready to go out soon. The last time I went out with these particular friends (and my husband), I ended up waking up on the bathroom floor at 6.00am, not looking my best!!!  AND the whole taxi drive home I felt like a teenager again, in the fact that I was praying that I wouldn't be sick....!!!  So tonight we are actually going to eat first.....!!!  I'm soo looking forward to something other than Special K!


Having overdosed on Special K for the last 3 weeks I can say I've lost 3 kilo's........not bad considering the size of the bowls.  My daughter has of course made me feel on top of the world this week with comments like....'My mummy is spotty"....when having to describe me at school..........I hope she was talking about my freckles.  During a trip to the (Chinese), yes, I have to shop there to now...I was remarking on the fact you would have to be ultra thin to get into most of the dresses, and  her answer was, yes, mummy....you couldn't because you are really fat!!!  Well, thanks hon!  Plus, I'm still waiting for my husband to realise I've had about 3 inches or more cut off my hair......

April is Sjogren's Awareness Month

Which is a perfect time to mention that it is one of the auto-immune diseases that I suffer from!  Luckily, I have more good days than bad, and compared to some, mine is very mild.  When i was finally diagnosed, I was so relieved that (having had a lip biopsy), I didn't have cancer....and that I wasn't actually going to die.  That I never took it very seriously.  BUT, it is a chronic illness, painful, frustrating, confusing to most.....and can cause so many little and more serious complications.  At times I've had problems with my heart, lungs and kidneys.

Your immune system actually overreacts, and starts to attack places it shouldn't.  With Sjogrens it tends to affect the salivary glands, and moisture areas...common features are a dry mouth, constant sore throat, difficulty in swallowing and painful, dry eyes.  But for most of us it causes sooooooooooooo many other problems to!  Look it up if you have time.....
http://www.sjogrens.org/

I always joke about my bones creaking, hands hurting, sounding and looking sometimes as if i've smoked 100 fags a day.  I always carry huge bags....with all different lotions and potions inside that help....and that I know most of the doctors on the island.  It is a 'bummer' though, but could be worse!!!  Its' great to be part of the Support Groups on Facebook too, being able to discuss aspects with other sufferers and they know exactly how you are feeling.

On a bad day, it's as if you've been run over by a bus, stabbed in the back and chest, have needles stuck in your eyes, and have had petrol poured down your throat....(I think!!!, not that I have experienced any of those things...or want to!!!)....AND you could quite easily fall asleep anywhere!

UMMM, god this is meant to be FUNNY, and so far it is ALL DOOM AND GLOOM.......OHHHHHHHHH!!


We need some' Hot Men' to look at, so we don't actually have to think about anything else all day!!!

Sorry gotta go....Keep smiling...

Lots of Love

Tracey XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment