Wednesday, May 19, 2010

EAT LESS EXERCISE MORE



Yep, by the time we get to 'almost 40', most of us actually do know  what we should be doing, and what we shouldn't be eating!!!  It's simple really......but just difficult to follow.

I mean sayings like 'You are what you eat'.....don't really help, do they?  I would be cheese.....which is of course the perfect accompaniment to wine!!!
Are you what you drink then too......medium, white and fruity??? 


Not a day goes by on Facebook that someone doesn't mention how many lbs/stone...kilo's they've lost....or put on even, or which diet they are trying this week.  Think of the millions we've all spent over the years on cabbage, eggs, Cambridge shakes, diet meals, and fitness video's and DVD's....(I've got a cupboard full of them!!!).   All the dusty exercise equipment, (never actually could afford any myself, just a hula hoop), and gym membership cards. 

Oh yes, we've all been there,  (well some of us),  and probably are still the same size, or bigger, just a few of us  might have got to lolly pop status.  Certainly not me, I mean how can you always be on a diet, (since about 15years old) but still be overweight???

I've followed the CABBAGE soup diet, absolutely disgusting, even when you fool yourself it isn't.  You do lose weight fast, but also friends with it, gets a bit embarrassing when you can't hold one in......wind that is!!!

Eggs, done that, again same problem as the Cabbage one, and probably best avoiding now, all that cholesterol and red meat, have to start thinking about your heart these days too.

Then you've got the Cambridge diet (does it still exist???). Not wise to do this for a week, and then binge drink (bottle of Cinzano), and end up with someone practically having to call the Paramedics, which happened to someone I knew once.......!!!  I have never drank that again, nor Southern Comfort, Babycham, Pimms, Pernod......etc....etc............!!!

To be honest, I really have attempted them all, Atkins, Low Fat....Special K, ummm, the Post Natal one, which how on earth are you  meant to be cutting up/juicing everything, when you don't even have time to wash your face, in the morning???......I can't understand.............Sooooooo many diets, so little time really!!!

The diets that I really know, are the ones that start on Monday and last till about Wednesday (on a good week).  The ones that you save up all your points and then binge on anything and everything at the weekend.  The ones when you've had a bad day, and think sod it, you only live once, and then proceed to eat everything in the fridge and freezer!!! 

It doesn't help also living in Greece when every day seems to be someones birthday, name day, or another kind of eating occasion, it's so rude to refuse!

I think the only time I've actually lost weight was due to illness, and you're finally feeling thin, and then everyone tells you how awful you look!!!  Or when I had the twins, basically for 2 years I don't think I actually sat down, let alone ate, how do people manage with triplets and more???

Nope, diets aren't 'my thing', I'm the type of girl that walks into the mini-market and can't decide, wine, crisps or chocolate, so buys them (drinks & eats) them all, especially if it's been a bad day!!!

I wonder if I would hate Monday's still so much,  if I didn't associate it with a diet or doing the housework after a manic weekend........of food, drink and toys!!!

OMG would have to be....I must be the only one not talking politics at the moment!!!

AND I so want a Yoga Instructor like the one in 'Couples Retreat'..............BOOM...BOOM.... (You won't understand if you haven't seen the film, not that it's particularly brilliant, but makes you laugh in places......and you can iron without burning anything......!!!)

FASHION....polka dot's..........'She wore an incy wincy....'..........well, not quite in my case, unless I wear pegs at the sides, (which almost makes me look as if I've got a flat stomach), and tattoo my stretch marks, now there's a thought!!!  Or maybe just a very large spotty sarong!!!

Lots of Love

Tracey XXX

P.S.  Well done to all those girls/boys out there on Facebook who have done so well.....it's not easy...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment