Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CARPET CRAWLERS - ANKLE BITERS- KIDS- CHILDREN - TEENAGERS???!!!

Ok so the mop, bucket, swiffer and broom are in position by the door...(just in case someone comes....and it doesn't look as if i've spent the whole morning on Facebook)......

I know you're not meant to blog about THE KIDS....however, after the a.m. I've already had, it might work as a distress, let of steam kind of thing.

There is a status on Facebook saying....s'thing about 'You teach your children to walk, talk and...., and then as soon as they can you spend most of the time telling them to sit down and shut up'!!!

VERY TRUE!!!
(and all those manners you installed into them....time and time again....."You must remember to say....."
what happened??? I thought kids had fantastic memories, I mean they ALWAYS remember when you promised something, don't they???  Mine do, and all those embarrassing moments, like when you walked out of the loo with your nickers tucked into your dress....or when talking in Greek you congratulated the people on the death of a family member....(opps).

I guess i have the advantage of kids through the ages or DISADVANTAGE.....2 teenage daughters at once, is enough for anyone to cope with! 

OMG would have to be they already finish school (only a few exam days) now till September, so if i haven't lost it by now...then i surely will have by then.  Thank god we are going to England to break things up a bit.  I wonder if i should tell my mum that i've actually booked 2 weeks on my own in Spain....and just the kids will be staying with her!!!


Seriously, it doesn't matter how perfect you think someone is, as a mother, wife, house keeper etc, etc.  If you really get talking everyone has issues, everybody gets stressed and screams and shouts from time to time, or locks themselves in the bathroom now and again!!! (and drinks wine!!!)


This is why I love OMG-I so need a glass of wine or I'm gonna sell the kids  Group on Facebook......!!!  There are plenty of mums out there who feel like that...(105, 932 members) and it makes you feel so much better.  You can even order wine glasses with the Group's Name on.....hey, wonder if one day I'll be able to do that with The NOT so Greek Goddess......and coffee cups???!!!



I remember using the excuses of mmmm, yes, they are teething, but this stage lasted from 0 months....till now.  Yep, the teenage girls are getting their wisdom teeth, the middle one her second ones straining under her old ones, and the little one is still getting her baby ones at almost 3!!!  Just wondering though what excuse i can make for behavior problems after this....hormones....and??? 




Yep, we've all had days when you are so tempted to give them that anti-histamine medicine, the one that makes them sleepy, (so you can get some sleep also), or packets of smarties/lollies just to keep them quiet......(until, the e numbers set in....i don't care what is says on the packaging now....they still make my kids bounce!!!).  Failing that, you've got your DVD player.......and you buggered if that breaks!!!



My youngest daughter goes to Play School and is completely infatuated by a boy who's mother is The Child Pyschologist on the island.  A wonderful young lady that always has time to chat.  I feel quite sorry for her because we always start of with 'normal' conversation......and then slowly, somehow I don't even know how, I end up asking her for advice!!!.....She will start charging me soon.....or avoiding me even!!!


WITH CHILDREN, basic parenting....remember....


NEVER tell a child they are NAUGHTY....!!!  ( but it's quite alright to tell them they are 'The Devil's Child' then???).........

NEVER reprimand a child in front of other's.....take them aside and far away.  This is a hard one, when you've got another mother breathing fire down your neck, as your child has just bitten them!!!

IF they have done something that you are not 'satisfied' with , explain it to them, and let them have TIME OUT.....either on a stair, chair....etc....TIME OUT CORNER.....



God, my children would be constantly there, (and my husband) and they wouldn't all fit!!! Plus, i would have lost my voice (and patience) explaining, by the time they had even gone to school in the morning!!!



Yes, we all forget those simple rules on parenting, it doesn't matter how many books, articles we read, and people we listen to, we all need reminding sometimes. 



When it was my daughters party I was a little bit concerned as to whether to invite this lovely lady and her son.  I could just imagine, my beautiful friends and I (whom are all great Mother's) sitting there, sipping our coffees, whilst the children played happily....and then a major fall out/scrap/strop with the kids....and us just being all tongue tied, frozen, rooted to the spot.....thinking ok what am i meant to be doing/saying now???......

It turned out that she was working anyway...(I think???)!!!



At the end of the day, we all love our kids...(sometimes we might not actually like them....) BUT, I am proud of mine, and if they do happen to be reading this THEY ARE GOOD KIDS, but I just wish they would come with a remote control sometimes!!! (and would tidy up their bedrooms....etc...etc...)



I loved a video link which I will now try and add or put on The NOT so Greek Goddess Blog Fanclub on Facebook!!!   A Mother's Song.....it is Oh so true and funny, and another Link about a Cocktail drinking mum who keeps putting a DVD on for her kids......(still working on finding that again!!!)

Hope you find them funny......
Lots of Love

Tracey XXX

Don't forget to join the 'OMG I so need a glass of wine or I'm gonna sell the kids' page on Facebook, it's brilliant!!!

P.S.  My husband just quickly nipped home, and told me a 4 month old baby was killed yesterday (car accident) here on the island.....which really makes you think doesn't it.???.....Guess we should just appreciate our children, even if they are not always perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment